Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
A Martial Arts School that brings Japan to You
You’re looking for a place that brings Japan to you. We do just that. We’re different in that we spare no expense or detail. When you enter our dojo, you’ll feel like you’re in Japan and the calm and serenity that comes with it.
ENTER OUR SANCTUARY WITH A FREE CLASS
"This is the 1st time I truly feel like I'm in a Japanese Dojo that I see on TV, videos and documentaries..."
A Different Martial Arts School
Most school owners don’t spend the time and energy in investing in the environment. They make it too sanitized. They don’t embrace the culture of their martial art. The space is devoid of personality. Instead of creating a space to transport you, they create a space designed to sell you more stuff.
We take the opposite approach. We spare no detail in creating a space that reflects a real Japanese dojo.
Key Elements of a Japanese Dojo
You’ll appreciate our obsession to detail. We include the key elements of a Japanese Dojo, such as:
- Genkan (Entryway): A place to place your shoes when entering
- Tatami (Mats): Our training floor uses the same brand mats that the U.S. Olympic Judo team utilizes. These balance safety with traditional aesthetics.
- Kamidana (God Shelf): The spiritual center of every Japanese Dojo is the Kamidana shrine. This is believed to house the guardian spirit of the dojo.
The Japanese Touch
The design of the dojo reflects the aesthetics and taste of the Japanese. A few specific design choices you will notice are:
- Natural, soothing colors: Natural and earthy colors are the traditional choice for Japanese Dojo.
- Elements of old Wood Structure: Wooden beams are used to reflect the typical architecture of Japanese Dojo.
- Classical Japanese Artwork and Calligraphy: Around the dojo you will find classical Japanese artwork in addition to calligraphy painted by our grandmaster himself: Soke Masaaki Hatsumi.